Wednesday, December 1, 2010

November in a nut shell

November was a busy crazy month for us (well, October was too!)...
October 30-31st, we headed up to Killeen to celebrate our nephew's 3rd birthday, and stayed for Halloween. The next couple weeks were spent trying to finish the baby registry and making a gift for my parents.com due date club secret santa (as well as all the eating and sleeping and other things that are normal for a pregnant woman, plus occasional cleaning!). My Secret Santa LOVED her gift- a crocheted Zebra and a monkey hat and through her thoughtful words and the posting of her pictures, she managed to get me some business! I'm so excited that I have orders!
 November 21st was my first shower, thrown by a couple of church friends, with my sister helping a bit. It wasn't a very big shower, but everyone had fun and I'm really thankful for all the love and support as well as the gifts! My mom is planning on throwing an absentee shower for me up in NY, but I haven't had a chance to talk to her to see if they came up with a date yet! I hope so- since I'm due in 6 weeks!
  Then, November 23d I had my most recent appointment- It was in the afternoon so Tom took off the second half of the day and after the appointment we went down to the radio station to pick up the Panera Gift card I had won in one of their contests! We proceeded directly to Panera, where we picked up some dinner (I simply love their tomato soup, but unfortunately they forgot my croutons in it and we took it to go, so I didn't realize until it was too late). We took it over to Zilker Park to eat- our first time there ever- but due to the bees that seemed to really like our food, we ended up heading back to the car to finish eating and then got out for a bit of a wander around the park until we had to leave. Definitely worth going to again when we have more time! Tom was helping with the sound system at church for worship practice, as he does each Tuesday night, so we headed up to church for that (Though we got to church a little later than we hoped because traffic was horrendous!). Then home to rest!
 Wednesday I spent cooking and baking for Thanksgiving. I was so thankful for being near my sister this year- as all I needed to make were 2 pumpkin pies, 2 loaves of graham bread (a family tradition), and a tray of deviled eggs. Thursday we spent with my sister and her family, plus 4 of the other military guys who didn't have family or anywhere else to go for the holiday. It was a nice relaxing day, and I'm so glad I was able to go- I'm restricted from travel as of yesterday (Just reached 34 weeks and travel isn't recommended after that point), so it's great that we had a chance to travel for Thanksgiving- even though it's only an hour away. They'll be hopefully coming down for Christmas (or possibly early Christmas) to celebrate with us.
  This week is a little more relaxed, but since I ended up winning tickets to Tran-Siberian Orchestra (from the same radio station!), we have dinner and concert plans, just the 2 (3?) of us on Friday. I'm very excited! I've always loved TSO and this is a perfect December date night!
  Not sure exactly what the rest of this year will bring, but as the birth of our son gets closer and closer, I'm nervous and excited and all sort of emotions. I'm sure this will be a winter never to forget!

No comments:

Post a Comment